Our purpose is to promote nurturing touch and communication through training, education and research so that parents,caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community.
IAIM Mission statement.
Baby Massage offers a wonderful opportunity for you to learn how to communicate with your baby through nurturing touch and massage.
I am a fully Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM). I offer small classes in a relaxing, welcoming and homely environment.
What are the benefits of baby massage?
For your baby:
- Relief from wind, colic and constipation
- Increase levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Reduce crying and emotional distress
- Encourages tummy time which automatically strengthens baby’s neck muscles, back and arms.
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Development of body awareness and co-ordination
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
Studies from around the world have shown that Infant Massage reduces post-natal depression and can improve mother-baby relationships. To read more about this click here